Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Come a room, boy; Boy do you hear?

Dear family, I am doing GREAT! My new area is XYA'AL LI HUX (shtee AL lee hoosh). That means the juice of a sharpening stone in Q'eqchi'. I am so Stoked. I'm in the sickest area in the whole mission. It is so far away from everything. It takes three and a half hours to get to the nearest town (Se'Nauq') by truck. It is nothing less than a journey every week to get to district meeting and a place that we can use internet. There is not power in XYA'AL LI HUX, except a school and our house. We live next to the church in a missionary house built by the church, so we have a solar panel (It got finished like a week ago), so basically I live in the nicest house I have lived in during my entire mission. My companion is awesome! He's Elder Dallin Smith. He is really funny. He's really new in the mission, and he is from Virginia so he speaks with an awesome accent. He kind of looks like JOEL MORGAN, like his face. My area is awesome though. The people are so awesome! They always invite us to eat with them, and our fast and testimony meeting was awesome. Tons of people bore their testimonies. A lady asked for some money for medicine during church, and I was amazed to see that everyone gave her at least like a quet and then everyone went running to the branch president's office to pay their tithing. Its really different up here. The people are really nice and don't say terrible things to us. The only thing that they do differently is all the little kids ask our names like a billion times a day. It doesn't bother me at all compared to what I was being asked before in all my other areas. I really hope I get to finish my mission in this area. That is too bad about Bob, I remember him, but like you said he's with his parents and Grandpa Adams. Peter and Laura's house is four times older than I am. Sounds like it was built well. I'll have to go visit them and their dog. Well, I'm trying to send you some pictures but... the internet here is just terrible. It isn't loading anything, and it takes forever to do anything, so sorry. That's just how it's going to be for a while. Have a good week, and make sure you have got my ski pass for me. K, thanks <3
-AARON

No comments:

Post a Comment