Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Monday, September 12, 2011

And a walking soul





How's da hood mom? Sorry, I would add a question mark after that but the entire row of numbers isn't working, so just periods and commas today. So... I forgot to tell you what we did last week. We went spelunking, or cave diving. We went in Se Amay where there is this super huge cave that is supposedly like fifty miles long, but we just went into it as far as the elders knew. It was pretty cool, unlike other caves where you have to stick to a trail and you can't touch anything, but here no. We just went all over the place and caught huge crabs which we later cooked and ate. We found like a natural xylophone, (I'm sorry I have no idea how to spell that,) but that was really cool. We could just bang on it. I'm sorry, this is probably sounding all very dangerous but let me assure you that it wasn't. So don't worry, we are careful. Anyways, the crabs were good. My comp's mom wants to call you or something. I don't know if you're down with that, but maybe I'll just give here your e-mail. Ummm... we are lucky the pictures I'm loading will work. The first picture is me next to a huge bull that wanted to drink my dough water. The next is my area, (an amazing mystical land that I love,) and the last is my comp and I right after crawling out of some really tight dirty caves or guecos haha. I would like to acknowledge that yesterday was a very sad day for many due to what happened ten years ago, however for the Guatemalans it was a weird day because of the elections. We were not allowed to work "cause sometimes there are riots during elections, but nothing happened here. I think a guy named Otto Perrez won, but I actually still don't know. We had to walk really far 'cause there were no trucks to get around, but it was o.k... minus the rain, haha. There were only nine people in church and they were all kids 'cause all the adults went to vote, so we just did Sacrament Meeting and I talked about the Word of Wisdom, and the Branch President's daughter bore her testimony. After that we just colored for Sunday School. It was fine. This is going to be a really good week! We have a family that is going to get baptized, and so I get to do a division with Elder Dilworth till Friday, 'cause that's the only day that there are trucks. It's going to be really fun. Today we just played some soccer and hiked up a mountain to watch the sunrise but it was cloudy. Thank you for buying my ski pass. I am stoked Dad and Adam got a pass, exclamation point. I can't wait to go skiing. I am going to be taking tons of pictures in my new area, don't worry. I will be taking pictures of all the normal stuff as well as the beautiful stuff. Right now I am making a verb chart in Qeqchi and English and Qeqchi and Spanish for the mission... it's going to be big. Anyways, have a super great fantastic week. kk. love Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment