Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ella Ella Ella

Happy fourth of July. I have eaten so much it's crazy. We went to the capital this week, and I met President Watts. He's a super nice man. I really like him! His wife is really cool too, and she cooks some awesome chicken cordon bleu. Getting to the capital was crazy 'cause we got stuck in traffic/construction, so when we got to a place to switch buses there weren't any more. We got on the back of this cattle truck, and it was raining like crazy the whole time. I'm good. It was just super annoying. We have an investigator that lives so far away it's insane. I can't believe he has come to church twice now. He's awesome! It's the guy that brought me my hymn book when I left it at his house. Last Friday we were teaching this guy (Marvin, who I met in La Laguna), and we were trying to help him with some drinking/fighting problems he's having. He says to us, "I need to find a better outlet for my energy 'cause every time I play soccer I get mad...and then into a fight. I've seen you guys running in the morning though. Do you think I could go with you guys?" We told him, "Sure, that would be fine." Then he's like, "So what time?" We told him like 6ish... "How about 5?"..."Um...no .. 5:30"... "Fine, we'll go." We left after talking to him a little more, and after he showed us where a guy BIT him and left teeth marks in his armpit from the last fight he got into. The next day we ran for 13 kilometers... and I almost died. Then we went to visit some investigators up this huge mountain that night, then the next morning we went to pick up these same people for church, and I had to go change my shirt because I sweat through it. I was pretty much dying. Going to the capital was a nice break. I don't really know what else is going on in my life. I got some new shoes. They are so sick. They are gortex Ecco high tops, and they are super fly. Elder Jennings gave them to me. Brand new. I went to some sweet used clothing stores in Coban and found a North Face jacket for like 3 dollars. I bought a ton of snacks in Coban to take back here to Polochik, and stuff for everyone else. Capital trips are nice. This internet place has a huge picture of Jesus creating the world. I'm not really that tall, everyone is just really short.
K, that's all I got.
Love, Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment