Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Then I watch it leave through the wind. I guess that's why they call it pane.






This week was crazy. We had too many people to handle! We had 12 investigators in church, and it was so crazy! It's like a one man band, even though there are three of us (my comp, me, and my branch president). We are getting a lot more people to come to church now. We just need to teach a lot before these people can get baptized. I didn't have a change. I don't think it's really hit me yet fully, but I'm not going to lie... I was pretty ready to leave. It's just hard to be in an area for 7.5 months in a row. My companion didn't have a change either. Um, for P-day yesterday, we went up to this tiny village that is 3 hours away, and handed out a million pamphlets to all these Q'eqchi's, in this place called San Vicente way up in the mountains. It was really cool 'cause missionaries never had gone up there really, and the people were really cool. They were way outgoing and nice (very unusual). We just contacted a ton of people, took some pictures and ate a little bit. I bought this Yo-yo up there and was doing some tricks. All the kids were just amazed. It was awesome! Life is good. I'm running out of money 'cause the office elders never re-imburse me or anyone in my zone. I'll be fine though. That's super cool Peter and Laura are going to be neighbors with Richy Rich. I'm already excited to go visit them! I am also excited to go on this cruise!! I guess I didn't realize how awesome cruises are because as soon as I mentioned to my comp that I was going on a cruise, he started freaking out and telling me how good my life will be, as well as Elder Snow. They just told me about sitting in front of a pool on the top deck when some girl would come by with a cart full of fresh home-made cookies and brownies with cold glasses of milk, and you can just grab what ever you want. I'm very excited to go. I'm good; I'm just still in this area. Have a good week.
Love, Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment