Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I wanna live good ...

Wow. Um...well let me just tell you about what we did this week first, and then I'll get to the other casacas. This week was really cool! I got to meet President Watts in person, and his wife. They are really nice, and they gave me a 3 Musketeers for my birthday. We had a meeting in the capital, and it got me super inspired. One of the principles of the gospel is persevering to the end, and I don't think a lot of people grasp this concept because there are like a million less active members everywhere I go. I also think this can be applied to peoples' callings in the church. Once people do something big, they just stop. Just 'cause my companion and I baptized a huge family two weeks ago doesn't mean we are going to stop. All this kind of popped in my head at this meeting, and I started to think about my area. I figured out the people that we were going to get baptized, and we went to visit them, taught them, and set baptismal dates. Our (best) current investigators live so high up on the mountain. We went up there four times in three days. We also got this huge family to come to church with us for the first time. It was a total of like 10 people. Super cool! If everything works out, whoever is here next change should have a lot of baptisms. Teaching Primary was tough. The Spanish kids just won't behave, and the Q'eqchi' kids are so nice and quiet. They sit there and color and play (Choose the Right) memory cards and the Spanish kids just fight. I have to sit and hold these crazy kids for the majority of church. Next week are changes. I'm pretty sure I'll have a change. I think I'm ready for one. I have now been in my area for a fourth of my mission. Whoever comes in my place is going to have like 9 baptisms on the 6th of August. We finally have some really good investigators that come to church. Um....today we played pool. My comp and I went on a super cool run this morning along the River Polochik.

K, let's talk about life at home. I think that is an EXCELLENT idea to go on a cruise in JUNE!!! I've wanted to go on a cruise my whole life. As far as my car goes... I really don't care about it anymore. You can do whatever you want with it. Maybe it's worth... something.. parts.? IDK. I was planning on saving for a new one anyways. I really want my scooter still, and anything you have to replace or fix, registration, insurance, etc... just put it on my bill or take it out of my account. I love that thing. I want to go to BYU Jerusalem and study Hebrew, and then go to Egypt to study the bible for 5 years. Maybe I'll marry an Egyptian princess and live by the Nile...jk I want to go to the U of U in the spring on January 9th. I do not want to take a ton of classes, like some math class, physics, something interesting like history of rock, or some architecture thing, and maybe like Spanish or something, but... I don't know. I want to take few classes so that I can actually focus on them and get good grades.... (and ski!) but like 12-13 credits MAX juno... K, yeah I really am going to want a ski pass. That is a NEED!!! That is a need in my life.. so I would like you to buy me one. You should be able to get me a College discount one..It should be cheaper than the Young Adult one. I think they are only like 4-5 hundred dollars hahaha <----wow. Um... I'm really not that worried though. I think you should talk to Hno. Mike Mason about my mutual fund and see when the opportune time would be to sell some stock or what ever... I will definitely be needing that money when I get home, with skiing and ohh college.. You should also see if there is any way to get me some scholarships or grants of any type, O. K.? That is something we should be thinking about. Anyways, if you have any more questions just ask. Thanks for whatever you sent me in advance. I'm sure it's great.

I did live with Elder McPhee. I love that kid. He is awesome! That's cool you were able to meet President and Sister Torres. They are very nice people, and have helped me a lot through my mission. I asked for permission to open up a new area, but we'll see what happens. I don't really know what language I'm going to be speaking next change... hopefully not LI KASTIIY (Spanish), but whatever. Sorry, this letter is crazy. I don't know what else to say. Have a good trip to Colorado. I am super jealous that you are going to watch Harry Potter 7 p2!!! Les quiero mucho y espero q' tengan una semana super chilera

-AArON

No comments:

Post a Comment