Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cintura sola, la misma vuelta





I had a crazy nightmare last night. I won't tell you about it. That festival of colors sounds really cool. You should send me some pictures. Happy birthday Grandpa Howard. Yesterday was a hard day. Nobody was home, and the one house we got into the guy was a hater; he just wanted to fight. My area is super diverse because there are people with money who speak Q'eqchi and Spanish or just one or the other, and then there are the exact opposite. Poor. I like working in the ghetto areas more with people who aren't so proud. A good amount of people came to church yesterday, but only two investigators came (the two that are getting baptized on the 9th:Elda and Lusty). Elda didn't come to church last week 'cause her mom is super sick. We went to visit them on Saturday and she told us she hadn't eaten in a week! You could tell.. so on Sunday my comp and I woke up early and brought her some oatmeal and medicine, and we brought Elda to church with us... Um what else happened? Some guy driving a motorcycle almost killed us we think.. 'cause I may have accidentally sprayed him with water as he was driving by. He turned around to come after us, but my comp and I ran into a house. OH ,we also did service and it was the worst! We helped this guy move these giant planks from the top of the mountain to his new house by the road (there is like one road that goes through Polochic). It was super crazy and hard.. I still hurt from it 'cause we woke up at like 5: 45 and seriously ran to get there buy 7:00, up this giant mountain then we helped him move stuff into his house. I killed a scorpion with a machete. And we hauled these planks on our heads. The guy is a super good member so.. it's alright. I helped baptize three people in the Tinta (the sister's area) on Saturday. Oh one other thing, my comp and I got a hitch-hike from this guy who was out of control when we were coming back from the Tinta. He was like peeling out when I stuck my thumb out and then he slammed on his breaks, then we got in the back and we were going like 45 mph when I was like ''there's a speed bump!'' He just powered into it then 4 minutes later he slams his breaks, gets out of the truck to light his cigarette and he asked us, ''Where you guys going?'' .. Teleman.. ''ya llagamos (we're already there)'' then he gets back in his truck and floors it then I yell ('cause its windy when you're driving like 75 mph) to E. Legua ¡YA LLAGAMOS!!! WE'RE LIKE 45 MINUTES AWAY!!! It was super scary. I'm pretty sure that guy was drunk. I said a prayer so that we wouldn't die. Nyways, I'm going to Coban today.. I need to buy a new suit so if there is movement in my account you know why... Ya'll have a great week now kkk.
love
aaron

1 comment:

  1. I had to snatch the first picture!! It is a "classic". Really made me laugh outloud!
    Thanks for sharing your letters from Elder Howard with all of us. It's fun to read his perspective ;)
    Meegan Fast
    Elder Fast's Mom

    ReplyDelete