Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I hope you don't get mad at me, but I told Nate he was a freak said he wants a..

K, sorry... that is too bad I sent you like 12 pictures but.... only one of them got through,(the worst one). Hey, I was trying to send you new pictures today but nothing was working for me, and so I need to change out my memory card. Today we had a zone activity. We went to Rio Dulce and saw a bridge and a castle. It was cool. Just imagine in your minds 'cause no computer wants to read my memory card. Now we are working a lot with some less active members, and finding their kids (unbaptized), so we will have a few more baptisms in 2 or three weeks. My comp is Marcos Legua. This is going to be the fastest change of my life. There is seriously not one second that we are not laughing ,hahaha! It's almost embarrassing. We seriously cannot finish a song with out cracking up. I haven't laughed as much in my whole mission than I have in the last three days. Today was my comp's birthday so I bought him some ice-cream. These days I'm eating banana bread that's super good... this lady that lives by us is going to buy us peanut butter and mac n' cheese from the capital. Life's good. My comp and I are working super hard. I'm super tired and want to sleep. My comp is from Utah (Brigham -- he's like half Paraguano... but deep down he's really just a Mexican). Um what else... I still haven't got that package from you....

K, so story...my comp and I are asking where this reference lives/contacting...(Q'eqchis) and I ask this lady where this man lives... she tells us and also tells us that he's currently working

Me: "Oh O.K...um, well have you guys heard about the church?" (there are four people at this house)

Lady: "Yeah.. your... the the... Mormons."

Me: "Well, that's what people say, but were the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ etc..."

Lady: "Ahhhh"

Me: "Yeah, so I don't know if you'd have a little time to ta-"

Lady: "WHAT is God's name?!"

Me:.. "Huh, God?"

Lady:"Yeah, what's his name?!"

Me: "GOD. God is his name."

Lady: ...."You got a bible....?"

Me: "Yeah."

Lady: "Lets see."

(So I pull my comp"s bible out of his back pack and hold it up. She has us come in, and she starts reading.. IDK, some scripture about ''Only the Lord God who is named Jehovah'' somethin' ect.)

Me: "Well this scripture is talking about Jesus - Lord is referring to Jesus right here. Where's your church?"

Lady: Begins to argue (meanwhile pulling out some other scripture)

Me: "You didn't answer my question."

Lady: "TESTIGOS DE JEHOVA!"

(My companion pulls out a scripture about prophets and how they work with God. Then I looked up a scripture in Proverbs 29:18 (which is not translated right, and says that where there isn't a prophet the people don't know what to do...)

Me: "Is there a prophet in your church?"

Lady "No."

(lady gets super upset and starts looking up all this other garbage)

Me: "Thanks for your time, but we've got other things to do today. Sorry, good bye."

Lady: "Fine."

Me: "But remember... you're always invited to the church ..(while backing up slowly) ... THAT'S TRUE!"


So that was a super contact that we ran away from 'cause there was some serious contention between us and this woman who was just asking to argue... but we can't say we didn't invite her.

That's how things are sometimes... people just want to fight.

Then almost immediately after that we contacted two more Testigos de Jehova and my comp was like,

"Hi, we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ and we share a message about how Jehova is Jesus, and how through our belief in Jesus... who is Jehova ,we can be saved."

We just tell it how it is... Anyways, I got to go, but have a good week!

Love, Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment