Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Monday, February 7, 2011

L.O.L. Smiley Face

Hi. I am... FINE! How are you? This is the last week of the change. I think we might have a baptism this Saturday. We need to talk to President Torres about it. Oh, you have no idea how bad the drinks are here: K'AAJ, café de tortilla, corn tortilla coffie- this is my favorite and it's always super hot and is basically black gritty water (if it's not hot you should worry 'cause it might not have been boiled or it has been sitting out for a while). Q'EM HA', agua de masa, dough water: this is the most common drink that's given to us - its nasty and thick and there is always a not of crushed up tortilla dough at the bottom. CH'AM B'UUL, atol chuco, dirty corn: this is the worst, it is like thicker than oatmeal and its rotten corn that's been cooked in the sun for like a month, and it is usually served cold, also usually induces vomiting. I hate drinking things here. No one just drinks water. Right now I'm eating Hershey's kisses that I got in Cobán and they are amazing- We have interviews tomorrow. Today we played with water balloons. I didn't know what a Holga, was but that's cool. Tell Ben to send me some cool pictures. Happy birthday Ben! Sorry I missed the party but.. what a do? I can't believe Ben got an Iphone! What is going on? And you never told me you redid anything like the bathroom. That's cool. Elder Smith is good. I don't think I will be his companion in a week so. I'll pray to get someone cool.. I kind of want a Latino. I got Liza and Jeff's Christmas card and everyone was looking at it and saying, ''That is a BEAUTIFUL couple'', which is true. Oh, speaking of being good looking, and Elder Smith not being my companion, there is something that I would like... PERFECT PUSH UPS (the travel kind), 'cause Elder Smith has them and I have used them like every day and I am in love with them... There's one other thing that I would really like, a card game (BIBLE MEMORY). Hilary sent me Bible Memory when I was in the MTC and it has saved my life with Family Home Evenings! It is the only game that Q'eqchis understand. I tried to play LAJ SIMON NAXYE (Simon Says) and the kids just couldn't do it, and my comp won every time. But memory is super fun for people, and everyone always wants me to lend it to them. Anyways... I'm feeling kind of sick (probably 'cause I just ate this whole bag of Hershey's kisses). Tell Liza to send me some pics of Hawaii, and YES I want to go to Rocklin when I get home! kkk love AARON

No comments:

Post a Comment