Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm lookin' for a dime that's top a da line cute face lil wast w/da big

Sup? So, I forgot to tell you that we went to Chulak last week, and it was really cool. It's this area that just opened up, and there are like 250 people that regularly attend church. They just redid the chapel up there and it's crazy huge. It's the second biggest chapel in the mission, and you have to ride on the back of a cattle truck for two hours straight up hill to get to it. The seats are even padded! Seriously, it is way nicer than our church (at home), and I can't imagine how long it will be before all the pews are just soaked with mud. ajaj The church was built so big 'cause every member is a full tithe payer. Another crazy thing is that there are mandarin trees everywhere, and the mandarins are sour and small, but those of the members are huge and delicious. Today I'm in Elestor and lovin' it! Our baptism went GREAT! I was amazed that everyone showed up. It was a miracle. It was an even bigger miracle that we found baptismal clothing for everyone. We went to every area withing 3 hours of SacsuhĂ  (where I am) to get everything. We baptized 4 eight year olds, 1 nine year old, 2 eleven year olds, 1 14 year old, one fifteen year old, and one 52 year old. We only baptized one kawachin (man)(boy), so 9 Relief Society(Primary). It was crazy though. I was worried about the lady (Rosalina) and her two kids, 'cause I didn't know if they would pass their interviews. I asked my zl how Rosalina did, and he told me that when he asked if she knew who restored the church, she didn't know, so he held up a picture of Joseph Smith and asked her if she knew who it was. She told him, ''I don't remember his name, but I know he saw God and Jesus Christ in the forest." So it was really cool. I baptized 5 of these people, and my comp baptized the other 5. I confirmed one of the kids in church, and that was cool. Anyways, sounds like Adam got lucky with his wallet, and Happy Birthday, Dad ayer and Happy Halloween.
k check it pues. aj aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment