Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Monday, July 19, 2010

Pull up the curtains 'cause the show just arrived. Sit down in your seats, you're just on time.

Wow mom (palindrome)-- A word, phrase, verse, or sentence that reads the same backward or forward. For example: A man, a plan, a canal, Panama! Or WOW MOM. Eleven O'clock, haha. Well Adam and Ben are just giving you crap 'cause you're more popular than them. (I wrote to tell Aaron how Ben was giving me a bad time because my friends, Colleen and Michelle, stayed to visit until 11:00 a few nights ago.) So, last week there were some marks in my shadow's butter that he left out, and then the next day there was a hole in his new loaf of bread and half his bread was eaten. So the next day we found the mouse in my suitcase and we tried to catch it but it got away. The next day we found a tarantula the size of my hand in the sacrament room. The next day we caught the mouse and fed it to the tarantula that we caught the day before. It was funny! We also ran out of food last night so we caught a crab that I saw in a river on the way home and cooked it up and ate it. I´m having fun. There are bugs and animals everywhere, and my mission just turned into a hike. We hike everywhere. There are no paved roads, It's just a ton of muddy paths, and the houses here are made out of bamboo. Every person we go visit gives us a nasty corn drink that makes me want to puke. A lukewarm, soupy, mashed corn mess in my mouth mmm.. I poured mine in a hole yesterday while the lady wasn't looking. Also, people don´t really like to wear clothes here very much. There are naked kids running all over the place. My comp and I were teaching this family, and this lady just took her shirt off just because it was hot. I bet one out of two kids wear pants here. The mountains are beautiful, and the roads are long and muddy. Just about every type of tree grows here. It's weird. It's like temperate, but it has tropical trees everywhere mixed in so there will be a field of lemon trees next to pine trees. Well, thank you for whatever you sent me for my birthday in advance. Muy agradecido, oh y mi compaƱero ya lo tuve. Fuimos compaƱeros en la MTC. Have an EXCELLENT WEEK <3 ARN

No comments:

Post a Comment