Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Swallow these words. Taste my thoughts. If it's too nasty, you can spit it back out.

Well today was nothing super special. We went up to Senahu to play football. It was a good time. I got some awesome cinnamon rolls for super cheap up there. Yeah, so we went to Sajomte to go on divisions, and to confiscate a ton of dvds and a Portable dvd player from someone up there. My companion and I are checking on the missionaries, because they are going to close a lot of the areas. So that's whats up. Ummm, church was awful this week. Nobody showed. It was ridiculous. My branch president had a talk with us, and he kind of just broke down and told us about all the problems that are happening. It kind of makes me sad and depressed. Like he got up in church and was like well... Elder Legua will lead the music... and since all the people that I assigned to give talks today didn't show up... my counselor will get up and speak a little. Then after he finished, my branch president just got up and talked about how people just don't understand that they have to be willing to follow Christ for themselves and for their own salvation. We have to follow God's will and not our own, and all the people that came to church came because they are concerned about their own salvation. It's so sad 'cause this guys whole family is like falling away from the church and his wife is the Relief Society pres. and his dad was the branch president. etc ... etc.. our investigators made up 10 percent of the congregation. Um .. its super hot and not flooding here.. Changes are next week. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE MY AREA. nor my comp. We are kind of running out of ideas of thing to do though. Thanks for sending me those pictures and the package. Yeah I love my perfect push ups. Yeah you should learn Spanish, Mom. We can talk to each other when I get home. I feel like I will be speaking Spanish soon... but idk. For sure you will go on a Spanish speaking mission. ... well hey I get to call you soon! huh...Mother's Day is coming up.
Neeways
love you
Aadanard

No comments:

Post a Comment