Write to Me!

You can send snail mail: Elder Aaron Daniel Howard, Mision Guatemala Ciudad Norte, Apartado Numero 951 A, Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. OR www.dearelder.com

Monday, April 5, 2010

Get down girl, go 'head get down

So sorry. I haven't switched to THE NEW myldsmail.com, so I can't get on my e-mail. Conference was ten hours of solid fun. The area that I'm in right now is the worst. I feel like a mouse in a maze, and I don't feel like we are getting through it at all. I'm really praying hard that I'll get changed next week, but we'll see. Um... we're going to have a baptism on Saturday - Don Rigo - he's an elderly man. Conference was good, even though I was getting super anzty sitting for so long. Our district ate Dominos Pizza and I think it made me sick or something... yeah so I got super dehydrated and yesterday was really crazy. Um, what else is going on in my life?... I'm trying to buy a second Rolex from this older guy in my ward. This is what the streets of Guat are like - they are busy, with really old cars that spit black smoke, and pollution is out of control. Red Mercedes buses blasting hip-hop, people on the sidewalks selling fruit {like chopped up pineapple, mango, papaya, watermelon, etc..} Little kids shining shoes, crappy little clothing places with other stuff like jewelery that will break as soon as you pick it up. There are red and blue three wheeled taxi cars {tuk tuks}, regular taxis {here they are white and black checkerd Hundi hatchbacks}. All the bad fast food restaurants in the US are really expensive here, so they all have delivery motorcycle people {like Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Mcdonald's, etc}. There are like four different types of police here, distinguished by their color, black, green, red, white. The black ones give us rides {they all drive black Toyota Hyluxses which are kind of like a Mexican Toyota Tundra} green ones direct traffic and get people in trouble, and I haven't really seen what the other ones do. There are little stores everywhere where you can buy any junk food you would ever want, (drinks, tp, dog food, beans, pretty much anything, including these little beads that grow and are like clear jelly marbles, they're really popular actually). Drug stores, little crappy internet places, Pollo Camperos {Guatemalen original KFC}, tire shops, ice cream shops, frozen banana stands {fav.} and most of all, TRASH, TRASH EVERYWHERE. This is where I live and minus this situation, I like everything. But I really want to get out of here - hugs and kisses, your son, Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment